- New: Swedish translation courtesy of Joakim Lindskog.
- Partially updated the italian localisation.
- Enhancement: the number of posts and the number of comments shown in the Archive Page have been tagged with a
- Enhancement: the Google Sitemap is now rebuilt if an attachment is updated or deleted.
- Fix: only some of the posts and the pages excluded from the Sitemap were listed in the Robots.txt file created by WordPress.
- Fix: the list of excluded content was migrated only partially during the upgrade process.
- Fix: while upgrading from version 1.3 or later, the plugin excluded some posts and pages from both the Google Sitemap and the Archive Page even though they hadn't been flagged as "excluded content".
- New: exclude categories and tags from the Google Sitemap.
- New: exclude tags from the Archive Page.
- New: option to add to the Robots.txt file created by WordPress the permalink to the Google Sitemap.
- New: customise the filename of the Google Sitemap.
- New: setting to limit the number of posts in the Archive Page.
- New: German translation courtesy of Thomas Meesters.
- New: added a UI control to cancel scheduled pings.
- Enhancement: improved web caching.
- Enhancement: added the number of images to the stats displayed in Dashboard.
- Enhancement: now, you'll get notified if the Sitemap (or the Archive) reaches its allowed (or set) limit.
- Enhancement: failed pings are automatically rescheduled.
- Enhancement: much more feedback about the state of the pings.
- Update: the settings to list the images in the Google Sitemap have been grouped into one.
- Update: the length of image titles and captions have been limited to 70 and 160 characters respectively.
- Update: renamed the "HTML5 Sitemap" as "Archive Page".
- Update: for a matter of performance, the Google Sitemap has been limited to 10000 URLs for now.
- Security fix: the setting to exclude authors from the Archive Page accepted any given value.
- Security fix: the direct access to some files caused a fatal error.
- Security fix: some subfolders in the plugin bundle were browsable on servers that allow the directory listing.
- Fix: a database error generated while uninstalling the plugin.
- Fix: if an excluded post/page was trashed or permanently deleted, it was listed anyway in the robots.txt file.
- Fix: the detection of the archive page could fail in some conditions.
- Fix: the rebuild process didn't fire if bulk posts/pages were moved to the trash.
- Fix: various problems with the functionality to limit the content in the Archive page.
- Fix: a security warning showed up on Multisite environments whenever a post/page was published or updated.
- Fix: some unescaped characters led to localisation issues.
- … and many other bug fixes and enhancements.
- Enhancement: removed all the formatting characters from the content of titles and captions tags in the Google Sitemap.
- Update: lowered to three hours the time interval between two consecutive pings.
- Fix: the encoding problem was not completely solved on instals running older versions of PHP.
- Fix: on some configurations an unwanted paragraph tag wrapped the HTML comments in the Archive Page.
- Fix: the encoding problem persisted on servers running versions of PHP older than 5.4
- Fix: if a new post/page was saved as draft, the ping was scheduled anyway.
- Fix: if the front page (or the blog home) was a static page, the attached images were not listed in the Google Sitemap.
1.4.1 - 8 January 2013
- Update (Dev): the minification level of the Google Sitemap lowers while in debug mode.
- Fix: a wrong encoding of the captions and the titles of the images listed in the Google Sitemap caused a parsing error.
- Fix: the list of excluded content was deleted while upgrading from SiteTree 1.3 or later (More info on how to get it back).
- Fix: if WordPress was in debug mode, a php warning showed up in the Google Sitemap on servers running PHP 3.x and older.
1.4 - 5 January 2013
- New: added images support to the Google Sitemap.
- New: ability to list all the excluded posts and pages in the robots.txt file.
- New: automatic ping the mayor search engines.
- Enhancement: added cache control support to the Google Sitemap.
- Enhancement: improved performance and general security.
- Enhancement: plugin heavily refactored.
- Enhancement: raised the minification level of the Google Sitemap.
- Enhancement: improved error handling.
- Enhancement: simplified and reorganised the administration area.
- Enhancement: reduced the total number of database queries.
- Update: set a maximum limit of 1000 items to the HTML5 Sitemap.
- Update: the last modified date of your static blog page, now changes according to the last published/modified post.
- Update: the rebuilding process is no longer scheduled but triggered once the Sitemap is actually visited instead.
- Update: temporarily removed the plugin information displayed in the administration area.
- Update: dropped upgrade support for SiteTree 1.0
- Fix: CSS inconsistencies in the XSLT template.
- Fix: a typo in a database query generated a database error with some configurations.
- Fix: compatibility issues with WordPress 3.5.
- Fix: the Sitemaps were not rebuilt if a post/page was excluded after its publication.
- Fix: no "Settings saved" message showed up if the "Save Changes" button was clicked consecutively.
- Fix: if a private post/page was published/updated, the Sitemaps were rebuilt.
1.3.3 - 30 October 2012
relmicroformat attribute added to the lists of tags, pages and posts.
- Updated the bookmarks in the settings page.
- Updated POT file.
- Update: added a "noindex" meta tag to the XSLT template.
- Update: turned all charset identifiers to uppercase — just for a matter of consistency.
- Fix: password protected posts were listed in the HTML5 Sitemap.
- Fix: if the "Recent Posts Widget" was included in the Sitemap Page, WordPress Notices and PHP errors — in the worst case — were triggered.
1.3.2 - 27 September 2012
- Fix: the plugin did not send any "Last Modified" header to the client.
- Fix: some debug code caused a security warning to be triggered.
1.3.1 - 25 September 2012
- New: if the Google Sitemap has not been rebuilt since the last remote request, the plugin sends back a "304 Not Modified" response.
- New: the modification date of the page where the HTML5 Sitemap is shown it's updated whenever the Sitemap is rebuilt.
- New: the version number and the date of installation are displayed in the upper-right corner of the settings page.
- Updated POT file.
- Update: the available screen options change according to the plugin setup.
- Update: modified the "Powered by" notice from "Sitemap Powered by SiteTree" to "Powered by SiteTree".
- Update: the 'View' button in the settings page no longer triggers the opening of a new browser tab on every click.
- Enhancement: halved the size of the plugin folder.
- Enhancement: improved events handling.
- Fix: if a post (or page) revision was restored, the Sitemaps were rebuilt.
- Fix: if a custom post type was trashed, the Sitemaps were rebuilt.
- Fix: a security warning was displayed every time a post or page was trashed or restored from the trash.
1.3 - 12 September 2012
Requires WordPress 3.3 or later
- Dropped backward compatibility with versions of WordPress older than 3.3
- New: multisite support.
- New: virtual XML Sitemap with XSLT template.
- New: order tags by name or most used.
- New: order categories by name or most used.
- New: order authors by name or published posts.
- New: exclude posts and pages from within the "New/Edit" screen.
- New: added an "Overview" tab to the settings page where you'll find useful information about the build process.
- New: the last build date and the scheduled rebuild date are displayed in the settings page.
- New: added a button to manually rebuild the sitemap.
- Updated POT file.
- Update: removed all the CSS classes (auto-generated by WordPress) from the lists of pages and categories.
- Update: exclude pages directly from within the "New/Edit Page" screen.
- Update: removed the setting to hide/show the subcategories from the list of posts.
- Update: modified the behaviour of the functionality "group posts by category" – more info in the release notes.
- Update: the posts count in the list of tags is displayed only if greater than one.
- Update: modified the title attribute applied to the
<a>tags generated in the lists of tags and categories.
- Update: removed the "Exclude Pages" setting from the settings page.
- Enhancement: the generator engine has been completely rewritten.
- Enhancement: the generated code (both HTML5 and XML) is cleaner and minified.
- Enhancement: improved error handling.
- Enhancement (Dev): if needed, the plugin tries to rise the memory allocation limit while the rebuilding process is running.
- Enhancement (Dev): the detection of the "sitemap page" is performed much earlier than any action hook useful to run custom queries is triggered. This prevents unwanted behaviours that could take place in secondary or custom loops executed in template files or by other plugins.
- Enhancement: improved the scheduling of the rebuild process.
- Enhancement: improved object caching.
- Enhancement: added a title attribute to the
<a>tags generated in the list of pages.
- Fixed some security issues related to the sanitisation of the sitemap.
- Fix: duplicated entries were added in the list of posts when they were grouped by category.
- Fix: the static page set as front page was not excluded from the list of pages.
- Fix: no default CSS were printed in the head of the webpage if the "Powered by" notice was display but the advanced settings were not saved.
- Fix: a few bugs with the cron job caused an unwanted delay on the execution of the rebuild process.
- Fix (Dev): missed to set the global
$super_cache_enabledbefore the call to
- Minor fixes and enhancements.
1.2.2 - 1 August 2012
- The plugin is no longer tested on versions of WordPress older than 3.3
- Added Russian localisation (courtesy of Oleg Vlasov).
- Removed the
typeattribute applied to the
<style>tag printed into the head section of the webpage.
- The cache is no longer deleted every time the sitemap is rebuilt. This reduces by four the total number of database queries performed.
- Fix: the generated
<div>tags had no attribute
- Minor changes and enhancements.
1.2.1 - 19 July 2012
- Improved compatibility with PHP 5.4 and later.
- Added some bookmarks in the settings page.
- The "Exclude" setting in the "Authors" section is no longer case-sensitive.
- Updated POT file.
- Update: the day number shown in the list of posts—when they are grouped by date—is now wrapped inside a
- Fix: duplicated ID attributes were generated in the html code of the settings page.
- Fix: the cache was not cleared on uninstall.
- Fix: the sitemap was not properly sanitised when sent to the browser or stored into the cache.
1.2 - 10 July 2012
- Source code refactoring.
- Improved overall performances.
- Added an index file into each directory to avoid unauthorized directory browsing.
- The sitemap creation time (expressed in seconds) is printed as an HTML comment at the end of the generated HTML code.
- The plugin deactivates itself if the multisite feature is enabled.
- New: build-in caching.
- New: WP Super Cache support.
- New: internationalisation support.
- New: italian localisation.
- New: show the author's avatar on the list of authors.
- New: show the author's biographical information on the list of authors.
- New: exclude authors by "public name".
- New: two list styles available for pages – flat and hierarchical.
- New: two list styles available for categories – flat and hierarchical.
- New: option to add a category label when the posts are grouped by category.
- New: show/hide children categories when the posts are grouped by category.
- Update: the title setting can be left empty.
- Update: the comments count is shown only next the posts that actually have comments.
- Update: the
<span>tag applied to the meta information "published date" has been replaced with the
<time>tag to improve code semantic and the compatibility with the HTML5 standard.
- Update: removed the
<small>tag applied to the "Powered by" notice.
- Update: renamed the css classes
- Fix: single and double quotes within the css code printed in the page of the sitemap were replaced by their html entities.
- Fix: the format of the date displayed as a meta information did not match the value set in the "General Settings" page of WordPress.
- Fix: the drop-down list of pages contained in the "General" settings page was not ordered according to the order set in the "Pages" screen.
- Fix: on upgrade the version number stored in the database was not updated.
1.1.1 - 13 June 2012
- Fix: the list of posts was generated even with the "Include" checkbox unticked.
1.1 - 9 June 2012
- Complete source code refactoring.
- Improved security.
- Explicitly checks for WordPress compatibility.
- Tested compatibility with WordPress 3.4
- Renamed the settings menu title as "SiteTree".
- Added an option to show a "Powered by SiteTree" notice (disabled by default).
- New: cleaner settings page layout.
- New: selectively choose to show posts count.
- New: exclude specific categories.
- New: wrap each list into a
- New: group posts by author.
- Fix: whenever a section did not have content to show, a few empty tags were generated.
- Fix: a notice showed-up in debug mode when the global variable
$postwas not set.
1.0 - 31 May 2012
Requires WordPress 3.2 or later
First version released on WordPress.org